To prevent and control introduced invasive pests from becoming established or widespread on Molokai.
- The Molokai/Maui Invasive Species Committee (MoMISC) is a partnership of private, government and non-profit organizations whose mission is to prevent new pest species from becoming established on Molokai.
- This group is concerned with invasive plant and animal species that threaten native ecosystems, agriculture, industry, human health, or the quality of life on Molokai. The group measures progress in terms of pest infestations prevented, contained or eradicated.
- The subcommittee is not a regulatory or enforcement entity, but will look for solutions to alien pest control within the framework of government laws.
- This group is a subcommittee of MISC and collaborates with MISC on issues such as setting pest prevention priorities, measuring progress, and funding.
What We Do
- Respond Rapidly to Pest Reports
- Work to Eradicate Target Species
- Survey for New Pests
- Invasive Species Education
- Community Outreach
- Conduct Workshops